EUGENE, OR – November 29, 2022 – The Eugene Active 20-30 Club is thrilled to announce its 21st annual Giving Tree Community Program at Valley River Center from November 5th through December 7th, 2022.
The Giving Tree is located inside the mall entrance between JCPenney and Cafe Aroma, and features over 2,200 tags.
Shoppers are asked to consider supporting a child by selecting a tag off the tree and purchasing a gift from their wish list. The Club’s goal for this project is to fulfill the wishes of children that might not otherwise receive gifts this holiday season.
This year, your help is needed more than ever!
There are still gifts that need to be fulfilled for local kids this holiday season! Shoppers are asked to return gifts to the Valley River Center red bin by December 7th at 9:00pm.
Gifts include: clothing, toys, electronics, sporting equipment, and more. Local children receiving gifts are referred to the Eugene Active 20-30 Club by the following agencies:
• The Child Center
• Department of Human Services
• Foster and Adoptive Parent Association (FAAPA)
• Head Start of Lane County
• Kids FIRST
• Looking Glass
• Pearl Buck Center
• Relief Nursery
• Willamette Family Treatment
• Lane African American/Black Student Success
Eugene Active 20-30 is a nationally recognized organization, and this is one of their signature programs! The Giving Tree project won Best Charity Project of the Year at the Active 20-30 Club National Convention in 2019! The Eugene Active 20-30 Club was founded in 1927, focused on serviceable citizenship in the community of Lane County, while improving the quality of life for children in need.
For more information about Giving Tree or to learn more about how you can support this project, please visit https://eugene2030.org/giving-tree/ or contact the Project Co-Chairs, Thomas Ball at [email protected] and Eve Deierling at [email protected].
- 1.Coats for Kids Campaign: October 17th – November 20th, 2022
- 2.The Giving Tree: November 5th – December 11th 2022
- 3.GIVING TREE IS HAPPENING AGAIN THIS YEAR (2022)
- 4.Coats for Kids Campaign: September 11th – October 15th, 2023
- 5.The Giving Tree: November 4th – December 8th 2023